Thursday 3 October 2013

Heaven in a Mug

Through the rain battered window screen of my little Fiesta I tried to see through the gloomy mist as I made my way home from work. Wet and cold all I wanted to do was get home. Get into my fluffy slippers and curl up with a nice hot drink. After the day I had had neither tea nor coffee was going to satisfy me. There was only one drink that could cure my autumnal blues and that my friends is mug of steaming Hot Chocolate.

I am quite partial to a hot chocolate and regularly reach for the tin of powdery goodness, however, today calls for something more, something more luxurious, something more decendent. Today, I must capture Heaven in a Mug.

I hastened to the supermarket and quickly gathered the necessary ingredients to prepare this magical fabled drink of the gods. I hurried home through the gloom but now with a lightened heart at the prospect of soon being able to hold in my hands the smooth sweet taste of heaven.

What I will share with you now my friends is the secret to how to make the drink that has the power to lift the heaviest heart.

You will need the following ingredients:

40-50g of 70% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
1 level tsp of Nutmeg (freshly grated)
1 generous pinch of Red Chilli (fresh, very finely chopped)
1 cup of Whole Milk
2 floz of double cream (whipped)

1. Whip the double cream until it is stiff.
2. Melt the chocolate in a pan until smooth. If you have an electric hob and can't control the heat easily use a larger pan of hot water and melt the chocolate in a smaller pan over the top. You are much less likely to burn the chocolate.
3. Add the nutmeg and chilli and stir in well.
4. Add the milk a little at a time stirring all the time to avoid the chocolate becoming stuck to the pan.
5. Once all the chocolate has dissolved into the milk turn up the heat a little and bring it up to almost boiling.
6. Pour into a big mug, spoon in a couple of spoonfuls of whipped cream on top and grate a little chocolate over the top.

You are now ready to curl up on the couch and be transported to heaven.

Enjoy! x


No comments:

Post a Comment